5 things to consider before hiring plumbers
When you are in need of a plumber, it is always best to hire a professional. Even the smallest DIY mistake can lead to leaks, floods and damage to other parts of the home. But you need to do your research. You shouldn’t trust your home to some ‘cowboy’. It is important to do your research before hiring plumbers to make sure they are reliable, skillful and do the job right the first time. Here are five things to consider when seeking a professional plumber for your home plumbing needs.
• Certification – A few things to think of, if you hire someone to service or replace your boiler, make sure they are Gas Safe. This can be done by checking them out on the Gas Safe register website. Other certifications to look for are the CIPHE. If you are unsure if your plumber has the correct certifications to ensure your safety, ask them for proof.
• Reviews – If a company is just starting; you may not find many reviews of their service online. But don’t just trust reviews only found on their website, look to outside sources like Which? Trusted Traders, Checkatrade and mybuilder to see what their past customers are saying about their workmanship.
• The Estimate – Anyone can say they can do a job over the phone, but for a reliable company to be able to ensure they do the best job possible they will need to come out and survey the site. Not only to give you the best quote possible, but also to make sure the workers have all details of the property prior to showing up to the job.
• Communication – One of the biggest issues in the industry is lack of communication. As a customer you want peace of mind of when and how a job will be done. If emails or phone calls are not returned, be wary of the company being able to complete the job correctly and in a timely manner.
• Troubleshooting – Like every snowflake, every plumbing job is different. Each home has its own quirks and complications, a good plumber will take this into account and will work to make sure every job is completed so that you can be secure in knowing the problem has been solved.
By considering these five simple factors before hiring a plumber, you may ensure that you are getting the highest quality and efficiency from your plumbing expert.
If you are in need of a qualified plumber in Fulham, call 020 7350 2511 or click here.