5 tips for choosing a boiler
When you’re thinking of what you want to spend your hard earned money on, I doubt a new boiler is at the top of that list. Choosing the right boiler and gas engineer to install it can be the difference between a nice experience and a nightmare. Here are 5 tips for choosing a boiler.
- Ask friends and family. Understanding the experience your friends and family have had will give you a better insight of what to expect.
- Do research online. Sites like Which.co.uk can help you discover what the highest rated boilers are, their efficiency, warranties or guarantees and how user-friendly they are.
- Check review sites. When looking for the right gas engineer, Checkatrade.com, trustedtraders.which.co.uk, mybuilder.com and Google+ can give you a good idea of the experience other customers have had. Also check out Social Media sites like Facebook and Twitter to see how the companies interact with the public online.
- Get multiple quotes. This is a large purchase and an important one for the health and safety of you and your family. A face-to-face meeting with a surveyor can help you get a better feel for a specific company and how they work.
- ASK QUESTIONS!!! Most of us have no idea what the process is, how long it will take and what to expect. The best way to feel more comfortable is to make sure all questions you may have are answered in the most concise way.
We know there are literally hundreds of things you would rather be spending money on, but hopefully with these tips the experience of purchasing a new boiler will be a bit easier. If you are in South West London and in need of a new boiler, call 020 7350 2511 to get a quote. And be sure to ask about our boiler-servicing plan to help you spread out the cost of a new boiler.