Do you Checkatrade?
When you’re in a household or office dilemma, the last thing you need is for a rogue trader to show up on the doorstop. That’s why Checkatrade is such a blessing, as it acts as a vetting service for any plumber, electrician or other tradesperson that you call to attend to an engineering emergency.
From a customer viewpoint, it is obvious what the website has to offer; it’s free to use, encompasses millions of real reviews and is capable of performing a nationwide search for qualified professionals.
Still, it’s always nice to know what is going on behind the scenes too. As an approved Checkatrade company, we reveal just what it takes to get listed.
To become a Checkatrade member, we must prove that we are:
• Honest in all dealings with our customers, which includes being upfront about any call-out fees and letting you know straight away if we can’t do the work
• Able to keep appointments and arrive on time (and calling in advance if any unforeseen circumstances arise)
• Realistic about when we can start the work and how long it will take
• Courteous, and treat you and your home/office with respect
• Committed to keeping you in the loop about works and promptly returning your phone calls
• Creating additional contracts if variations should occur
• Professional and timely when we deal with complaints
• Never demanding cash payments, or behaving in a verbally or physically abusive manner
• Not obtaining work through cold calling
Once we can prove all of this, there’s a seven-step approval process that kicks in to action. The stages are:
1. We are interviewed by Checkatrade to ensure that we deserve to be accredited based on our conduct and experience
2. Our accreditations and qualifications are verified
3. We must present our public liability insurance certificates yearly to confirm that are you and your home/office are covered against damage at all times
4. Our personal passports and driving licences undergo an ID check
5. References are sought from five of our previous customers
6. Our trading address is substantiated through a credit or company status check
7. Our VAT registration number is recorded
The whole procedure is designed to adhere to government legislations and industry trading standards in a bid to reassure and protect customers, which is something we wholeheartedly support.
If you’d like to view our profile on Checkatrade, you can do so here.