How to Choose a Reliable Plumber in London
Are you one of those homeowners who don’t do background checks to verify the credentials of the tradespeople you hire? That could put you at risk of working with someone incompetent, and you can’t just leave it to chance or pure luck when it comes to your plumbing. That’s why it’s important to choose only a reliable plumber in London. Finding a professional in that trade may be challenging, as there are many plumbers in the city looking to working with you. So, here’s a quick guide to help you pick the right plumber who can work in your best interest:
- Ask for recommendations – It’s often a good way to start by asking your friends, neighbours, or colleagues. They might have someone to recommend, and word-of-mouth is usually a good way to find a qualified tradesperson. You could also consider asking other tradespeople you may know, such as an electrician or a heating engineer.
- Look them up – Whether you got recommendations from trustworthy sources or you are looking up plumbers online, take some time to do your research. Verify their credentials and qualifications, how long they have been working as a plumber in London, and the types of services they offer. Make sure they are highly trained in plumbing through well-known training schemes like City & Guilds and NVQs.
- Check qualifications – Some plumbers are also qualified heating engineers, and they are Gas Safe registered to prove that. That means they are also capable of repairing, servicing, installing, or maintaining boilers and other heating appliances in your home. Choosing these professionals lets you avoid the guesswork of having to find separate service providers for your plumbing and heating needs.
- Find out what other customers are saying about them – Reviews can typically provide some insights on the quality of services a plumber offers based on the experience of their customers. Just remember to take the feedback with a grain of salt.
- Check memberships with relevant associations – A plumber in London may be a member of APHC (Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors) and CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering).