Annual Gas Safety Inspection – A Legal Requirement For Landlords
Gas safety inspections are a legal requirement for landlords. Each appliance in your rental property must have an up-to-date Landlords Gas Safety Certificate CP12. There’s just too much at stake to miss an inspection, especially as tenants may easily become complacent or be unaware of the danger of faulty gas appliances.
Book your gas safety inspection above and see our prices here. We can also send you a reminder for your annual service or gas safety inspection, whether you’re a homeowner or landlord.
For more information call us on 020 7350 2511 or book an appointment here. We are here to help with all your heating and plumbing needs.
Certified Gas Safe Engineers
All our engineers are Gas Safe Registered and qualified to inspect and certify all gas appliances. Through meticulous flue gas analysis and combustion analysis, our team will immediately flag any incomplete combustion or potentially dangerous scenarios, and undertake the necessary repairs as soon as possible.
If a gas appliance isn’t properly serviced or maintained, not only may it be performing poorly, but it could be highly unsafe. Faulty or damaged equipment may emit lethal carbon monoxide gas (CO), putting your family or tenants at serious risk.
Gas Safety/Landlords Certificate Procedure
- Carry out gas tightness test
- Carry out visual checks for signs of spillage to all appliances
- Carry out checks to ensure all appliances have adequate ventilation
- Check appliances are in a safe location
- Check all safety devices are fitted and have correct operation
- Check all controls for correct operation
- Carry out flue flow test where applicable. (Fires)
- Gas rate each appliance
- Carry out flue gas analyser check to ensure safe operation. (Boiler)
- Carry out an Inspection of the flue and termination – ensure that where the flue is encased adequate inspection panels are installed to ensure that each flue joint can be inspected
- Issue certificate listing any faults found and action required. (If applicable)
- Any Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide detectors are to be listed and where possible checked to ensure they are working by pushing the test button only