Plumbing: Fact or Fiction?
When it comes to plumbing, there are a few myths out there. Here is a list to help you comb through the fact and fiction.
1. Chemical cleaner can unclog your drains.
FICTION: A clogged drain is typically caused by the buildup of material such as hair, skin, and makeup. Any kind of chemical drain cleaner will not permanently fix your clogged drain, as it can’t dissolve any solids. In addition, overuse of chemical drain cleaner can lead to the deterioration of your pipes due to some of the active ingredients in the chemical itself.
2. Roughly 365 litres of water are wasted each year due to a slow leak of 3 drops a minute.
FACT: Every extra drip not only costs you a lot of money, but it also wastes a ton of water! One tap leak can waste up to two full baths per year.
3. Flushable wipes are OK to flush down the toilet.
FICTION: The last thing you want to flush down your toilet are “flushable wipes.” We always tell our customers the only two things that should be flushed down the toilet are human waste and loo roll.
4. Over $100,000 was spent by the United States on a study to find out if the loo roll should have the flap in front or behind.
FACT: Now we are not sure who had this money or why they would waste it on such a thing. But the study showed 3 out of 4 people prefer the loo roll flap in the front.
5. I watched a video on YouTube and now I can service my boiler.
FICTION!!!!!!! Your boiler should only be serviced by a gas safe registered engineer. Not only is it illegal, but also it would be down right stupid to put you and your family’s health and safety at risk. Click here to find a gas safe registered engineer near you or if you are in Fulham, call 020 7350 2511 or click here.